Clustr Map
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Blame Our Young?
I really liked this article because I could relate easily to it. Do I enjoy school? Not really. This article makes a lot of sense. If you like something, your going to enjoy learning about it and taking part in acitvities that revolve around that thing that you are interested in more than something that you don't enjoy. For example, I have taken 8 years of Spanish classes. Can I speak Spanish? Nope. I can basically say: Hello, how are you? and thats about it. Meanwhile, I have taken 1 semester of American Sign Language and I am almost fluent. I was so interested in learning ASL that I was constantly practicing and looking up new words to learn so that I can say more complex sentences. I had and still do have a passion for ASL and I am constantly practicing it, using it, and teaching it to others. So if we could find a way to channel our students passions into the classroom, then they will enjoy learning more and they will WANT to take part in the learning process.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment